The Polish-Israeli Association of Hope -
Hatikvah was founded in the autumn of 2000 by students and staff at the
Department of Social Sciences at the University of Wroclaw.
Hatikvah functions as a student academic club under the aegis of the
Institute of International Studies at the University of Wroclaw.
The association's main aim is to promote wide-ranging contacts and
to deepen the friendship between the two peoples, between social and
academic organizations in Poland and Israel, and also with the Jewish
community in Poland.
One of Hatikvah's main objectives is also to combat religious and
ethnic prejudices among young people in Europe, and particularly among
Wroclaw�s young people. It also strives to acquaint young people with
the culture and history of minority groups, primarily those living in
Poland. Another of the association's areas of interest is the history of
the Jews in Europe and in Poland, the state of Israel, Polish-Israeli
and Polish-Jewish relations and intercultural education.
The association's activities are based on the organization of open
discussions, meetings and lectures, international youth seminars,
community service, workshops for students and field trips. The
association also publishes a magazine titled Hatikvah, which appears
twice a semester.
From 4 I 2005 Jaroslaw Wisniewski is the new President of the Society.
Polsko-Izraelskie Towarzystwo Nadzieja-Hatikvah
ul. Koszarowa 3
The plan of activities of the Society for the year 2005:
- The continuation of the series of lectures "National Minorities in Poland and in the World" (till June)
- The continuation of the series of lectures and panel discussions "Eminent people from Wroclaw of Jewish origin" (till June)
- Workshops about the Jewish culture and religion during the series "Closer to the Cultures" in Opole (January)
- Workshops for students "Colorful Tolerance" (March/April)
- Study trip "Following the Jews in Lodz" (April)
- Participation in the "March of The Living" in Oswiecim (April)
- Tidiness works at the Jewish Cementary on Lotnicza street in Wroclaw (May - October)
- Study trip "Following the German Jews (July)
- Scientific symposium "Polish - Israeli and Polish - Jew relations. The role of Non - Governmental Organizations (November)